American Wood Council (AWC) informed that Fred Stimpson, the president of Canfor Southern Pine, had been elected to the AWC’s board to complete the two-year term of Aubra Anthony who recently retired from Anthony Forest Products.
Mr. Stimpson joined Canfor in 2013 and was appointed president in 2015.
Robert Glowinski, AWC President and CEO, commented:
“AWC is pleased to have Fred join our board. Fred is well known by many in the industry, having been involved for over 30 years. The AWC Board of Directors will benefit from his depth of experience on wood products gained from his time at Canfor as well as at both Scotch Gulf Lumber and Gulf Lumber Company before that.”
Currently, the full AWC board of directors includes:
- Chairman Andrew Miller, Stimson Lumber;
- First Vice-Chairman Allyn Ford, Roseburg Forest Products;
- Second Vice-Chairman Danny White, T.R. Miller Mill Company;
- Immediate Past Chairman Tom Corrick, Boise Cascade
- and Fred Stimpson, Canfor Southern Pine; Furman Brodie, Charles Ingram Lumber Co.; Fritz Mason, Georgia Pacific; Marc Brinkmeyer, Idaho Forest Group; Neil Sherman, LP Corporation; Mike Dawson, Norbord, Inc.; Eric Cremers, Potlatch Corporation; George Emmerson, Sierra Pacific; Joe Patton, Westervelt; Jim Rabe, Masonite; Adrian Blocker, Weyerhaeuser Company; and Michael Giroux, Canadian Wood Council.
Earlier the first CLT-producing member joined AWC.